Book Nominations Now Being Accepted for Author Pavilion
Festival Staff / November 18, 2015
Self-published and emerging authors are welcome to apply. The selection criteria for Author Pavilion participants is outlined below.
The Tucson Festival of Books welcomes authors from a variety of subject areas and diverse genre to participate in the Festival. In 2015 alone, hundreds of authors applied for consideration. More than 120 authors participated in the Author Pavilion.
Registration is completed on a first-come, first-served basis. Specific information related to completing the registration process for the Author Pavilion will be provided in the confirmation email.
General information for the Author Pavilion -
$35 registration fee entitles author to:
- One 2-hour time slot in a shared venue with up to 10 authors per Pavilion
- One-half of an 8-foot table to display materials, meet and greet the public, and sign and sell your publication (room for author and one assistant)
- Temporary business license privileges during the Author Pavilion time period only (tax remittance paid at end of Pavilion appearance)
- Promotion via the Tucson Festival of Books website indicating your participation in the Author Pavilion
- Information in the Arizona Daily Star Festival of Books insert identifying your participation
Not included with Author Pavilion participation:
- Presentation or reading opportunity
Those eligible to participate in the Author Pavilion are expected to:
- Provide their own book(s) for sale and pay tax remittance per local policies to Pavilion staff (determining the appropriate number of books to bring is the sole responsibility of the author)
- Promote their participation via social media platforms and other marketing strategies (strong marketing via electronic platforms may increase sales)
- Cover all costs associated with travel, lodging, meals, shipping costs, tax remittance, and any / all other costs associated with participating in the Festival (individuals traveling from out-of-state should consider the costs associated with attending the Festival and carefully weigh the costs and benefits of participating in the Author Pavilion)
Author Pavilion registration information will be available following the self-nomination process.
Click here to add book information for the Author Pavilion.
Author Pavilion nominations will be accepted until spaces are filled.