Book Nominations Now Being Accepted for Indie Author Pavilions
Festival Staff / August 31, 2017
Self-published and emerging authors are welcome to apply. The selection criteria for Indie Author Pavilion participants is outlined below.
Indie Author Pavilion
For all genres and formats including self-published, small / independent press, pay-to-publish or vanity presses, e-books only and CreateSpace.
$40 registration fee entitles author to:
- 2-hour time slot in a shared venue with up to 12 authors per Pavilion
- One-half of an 8-foot table to display materials, meet and greet the public, and sign and sell your publication (room for author and one assistant)
- Temporary business license privileges only during your Pavilion time period (tax remittance paid at end of Pavilion appearance)
- Promotion via the Tucson Festival of Books website indicating your participation in one of the Pavilions
- Information in the Arizona Daily Star Festival of Books Guide identifying your participation
- For additional information, please download the Pavilion Handbook
Please note: electricity is not provided in Pavilions
Indie Author Pavilion participants are expected to:
- Supply and sell their own book(s) and pay tax remittance per local policies to Pavilion staff (determining the appropriate number of books to bring is the sole responsibility of the author)
- Promote their participation via social media platforms and other marketing strategies (strong marketing via electronic platforms may increase sales)
- Cover all costs associated with travel, lodging, meals, shipping costs, tax remittance, and any / all other costs associated with participating in the Festival (individuals traveling from out-of-state should consider the costs associated with attending the Festival and carefully weigh the costs and benefits of participating in the Indie Author Pavilion)
Click here to register book information for one of the Indie Author Pavilions.
Indie Author Pavilion nominations will be accepted until all Pavilion spaces have been filled