Festival Staff / September 1, 2013
The Tucson Festival of Books Young Writers' Competition is back! This year, we are thrilled to announce that Altrusa International Tucson is sponsoring this inspiring competition that is open to all students in Pre-K through High School in Pima County!
We Are Looking For
• Stories with compelling characters, satisfying development, vivid use of language and a distinctive style.
• Stories that affect us, make us feel and think.
• Stories that show a child’s distinct point of view.
• Original student-initiated work, not retellings of movies, TV shows, books or other media.
Stories Must Be
• Maximum length: 1,000 words (no minimum).
• Written legibly or typed, single-spaced on white, letter-sized paper.
• Accompanied by an entry cover sheet available here.
• Postmarked or emailed by midnight on Sunday, December 1, 2013.
All submissions must include a completed entry form.
Submissions must be mailed to the address below or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2013.
Tucson Festival of Books Young Writers’ Competition
UA BookStores, Bldg. 19
1209 E. University
Tucson, AZ 85721-0019
Awards will be given and finalists recognized at the 6th Annual Tucson Festival of Books on March 15-16, 2014 at the University of Arizona.