Festival Staff / March 11, 2012
• Author Irving Toddy, has withdrawn from two Sunday panels: "Illustrating with Authenticity," 11:30, Education 351; and "Native Artists and their Art," 2:30, Santa Rita room.
• Simon Ortiz, Mariah Grover, Natalie Diaz and Sherwin Bitsui have been added to Sing: Poetry from Indigenous America, Sunday at 2:30 in the Student Union/Kiva.
• Sarah Gonzales will host the Teen Poetry Slam Event, Saturday 10 a.m. Student Union/Kiva.
• Figuring out the Facts in Fiction is Saturday at 11:30 a.m. in Integrated Learning Center/150, not Integrated Learning Center/151, which is vacant at that time slot.
• Panelist Marshall Trimble, Saturday, 11:30, Stucdent Union Catalina, “Arizona Centennial Stories” with Jim Turner and Jan Cleere and moderator David Bartlett, has canceled.
• Asako, the Girl Who Saved Her Village, performed by the Odaiko Sonoran Youth Ensemble will appear on the Diamond Children's Story Telling Stage on Saturday starting at 4 p.m.
• Panelist Eleanor Brown, Family: Love and Friction, Saturday at 10 a.m. , ILC 140; Love, Lost & Found: A Novel Approach, Saturday, 4 p.m., Student Union/Catalina; Keeping Secrets, Telling Lies, Sunday at 2:30 p.m., Student Union/Catalina, has canceled.
• Moderator Jonathan Hayes, Books in High Gear, Sunday 2:30 p.m., Star tent, has canceled.
• Panelist J.M. Hayes, Politically Motivated, Saturday, 11:30, Kachina; Criminal Animals, Saturday, 2:30, Kachina; has canceled.
• Physics professor Charlie Falco will discuss The Science of Optics: The History of Art, Saturday at 4 p.m., Science City: Physics-Atmospheric Sciences.
• Patrick Homer, Ph.D., will discuss "Citizen Science: New Opportunities with Smartphone Apps" at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Science Café.
• Sarah Lamore's session, "Our Love-Hate Relationship with the Sun," will be at noon Saturday at the Science Café.
• Sarah McCoy will replace Eleanor Brown on the panel Keeping Secrets, Telling Lies, Sunday at 2:30 p.m., Student Union/Catalina.
• James J. Owens, not James A. Owen, will be part of the Arizona 100 panel Sunday 2:30 p.m. in Student Union/Tucson Room.
• Panelists Evan and Carmen Gimenez Smith, Minivans and Martinis: Writing about Children and Family, Saturday at 2:30 p.m., Integrated Learning Center, have canceled.
• "Our Little Green Giant, the Sonoran Desert Toad and Other Sonoran Desert Herps," by Robert Villa and Lawrence Jones, will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the Science Café.
• Tucson Oddities, Sunday, 4 p.m. Arizona Daily Star Pavilion, has added the following panelists: Artist Bruce Butler, who has created several pieces of public art in Tucson; Joe O'Connell, creator of the Bike Church near
downtown; Shana Oseran, an owner of Hotel Congress who will share tales of their storied phone booths; "Those Feng Shui Guys," Eric Cuestas-Thompson and Michael Bamba, who maintain an extensive collection of gargoyles, angels and cherubs at their central Tucson business; as well as Oddity-seeking reporters Carmen Duarte, Carol Ann Alaimo and Dale Quinn.
• UA College of Engineering Robotics Club demo has been added to the Science City Main Stage at 4 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.