There Is So Much to Discover in Science City!
Festival Staff / January 10, 2022
Make sure to visit Science City on festival weekend in 2022! There will be so many fun and exciting interactive activities for kids, adults and families!
Explore the Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium and Arizona State Museum where admission will be free all weekend! NSF's NOIRLab will be offering hands-on activities and viewing from solar telescopes in their parking lot on Cherry Avenue where you can learn more about their world-class telescopes and programs.
Other activities and exhibitor highlights include:
- Kartchner Caverns State Park taking a look into cave science
- The UArizona College of Veterinary Medicine featuring simulated animal models for others to experience part of its students' learning process
- The SciTech Insitute and UArizona Insect Discovery highlighting entomology and the science of bugs
- The Tucson L5 Space Society simulating space faring civilizations with VR space tours
- The Lowell Insitute for Mineral Resource explores the journey of copper and electricity
- The Tucson Chapter for Neuroscience and Center for Neurosciences uncovers an animal brain zoo and explores the brain
- The Tucson Herpetological Society offers the opportunity to discover Tucson's reptiles
- The Lunar and Planetary Lab explores all about our solar system
- EarthSeed Inc. discovers sustainable lunar habitats that will pave our way to deep space
- UAZ Department of Agricultural Education, Technology & Innovation harnesses the power of the sun and discover different solar power systems
- Raytheon offers the opportunity to build and launch rockets
- Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association searches Mars for signs of life
- The Tucson Audobon Society explores superpowers of the birds of Arizona
- Sky Island Alliance explores its incredible wildlife
- UArizona Desert Legume Program uncovers desert legumes and their benefits to the environment
- UArizona Department of Mathematics explores the art of math with Pi Day fun
- The Steward Observatory provides solar telescopes for viewing on the mall
- Watch, listen, discover the "wireless world" of signals with Rincon Research Corporation
- UArizona Linguistics Department discovers how human language works
Don't miss the fun on March 12-13, 2022!