Festival Staff / January 14, 2020
Your gifts make a big impact!
In 2019 support from gifts to the festival provided:
• Reading Seed coaches for 234 children at six high-need schools;
• Stories that Soar programming for 2,684 students—stories written by students and brought
to life as live plays;
• Reach Out and Read programming for 2,391 children birth-five;
• UA BookStores Storytime Events were provided for 9,378 community members including children and adults—a total of 76 events
were hosted at 10 sites on campus and at schools throughout the community;
• UA Fusion Camps were provided to 552 children, kindergarten through seventh grade,
at UA BookStores and Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium.
Funds also supported a Holiday Book Drive for Make Way for Books, Storybook Character Appearances,
and Wildcats Read—a new summer reading program launched in 2018, Creative Arts Teen Summit,
the UA Think Tank Writing Center.
For the full report click here.
Want advance tickets to hard-to-get-into sessions at the festival? Join as a sponsor or a Friend of the Festival! Click here for details and to learn about the benefits of becoming a donor. Your gift supports literacy in Southern Arizona.